Friday, January 2, 2009

Just Getting Started

Living in a simple way.  Living like Jesus.  Living for a purpose.  

Statements like the above have crowed my mind and inspired me for years now.  I have read many articles and books and watched countless television shows documenting others' efforts to remove themselves from a materialistic, monetarily driven society and get "back to basics".  My faith in God has also led me to explore avenues that others have taken to combine their desire for a simple life with their desire to live like Jesus did, with purpose and an incredible, unconditional love for others.  

Admittedly, I have exhausted friends and family with conversations revolving around these two concepts for years (you know who you are and it's okay, I know I've sounded like a broken record)!  Until today though, I've been a spectator to this lifestyle.  A passionate, green with envy on-looker completely aw-struck at individuals who actually took action to change their lives in this way.  

 After years of thinking about what my life would look like if I attempted to change in drastic measures the ways in which I related to this world around me, I decided to do something about those thoughts and turn them into action!  I am blogging about my experiences so that I could document my triumphs and struggles along the way.  


No comments:

Post a Comment