Monday, April 5, 2010

Blah Blah Blah

"A little less talk and a little more action." Man, that Elvis. Every time. The words before they fall, he catches and illustrates in impeccable style.

The sides of my mouth are sore from all of the explaining I've been doing lately. Out one side and before I know it, words are avalanching down the other side of my chin. It's an alphabet soup situation except without the cute baby and the parent close behind to clean off the chin. And prevent me from looking as if feeding myself is somewhat of a feat these days.

So much of my life and what it consists of is changing in the next few months. Insanely happy, I find myself not remembering that there are individuals whom I love and care for that want to know the whose-its, what's-its and whys-its of my decision. And so..the explanations tumble. Thankfully, most have been overly supportive, laughingly to the degree that I wonder if this was all some master plan that I am being graciously allowed to claim as my own. Some have not been supportive but those individuals are few and far between.

Whew. I think the last in a longer than I deserve line has been satisfied with explanations now. I find a restful place in the midst of the change that quickly, yet slowly approaches.

I suppose, if I were being true to myself and to others, I would cut the explanations down to a digestible, palatable meal of, "I want the beach, the sun and a robot." Something tells me, more individuals in my life would nod in understanding of that explanation than wouldn't.


2 comments:

  1. Lol, I like this and great illustrations! I can relate! Hang in there and just look forward to those sun-rays calling out to you from the near future.

    ReplyDelete