Saturday, January 7, 2012

Not as Catchy

"Smoke free in 2012" is not as catchy as "Smoke free in 2003" but I'll take it...

Deciding to make my quitting smoking a public thing was a surprisingly easy decision. I have spoken about quitting smoking in prior posts so I knew the cat was already out of the bag. I wasn't quite sure, however, that everyone (anyone, for that matter) knew that I had taken back the nasty habit, if even with reluctant arms.

Making my battle with cigarettes and everything encompassed within the swirling tornado referred to kindly as "addiction" public was an easy decision for a couple of reasons. One: I respond promptly to the threat of letting others down and thus, by making my quitting public, I am opening the door for others to "check-in." Two: I need to stay busy. Forward motion is everything. Each time I sit down to write about not smoking is a moment of the day that I am winning this little (Enormous) war.

My goal for 2012 was to quit smoking and so far, I've upheld that goal. And this....this is what I've been doing...



Homemade Spicy Shrimp and fresh bread for dipping



Tea and Reading on my porch in the sunshine



Cutting fresh citrus for homemade air freshener




Made my home, HoMe.


1 comment:

  1. I will leave my footprints next to yours on this journey. I am back to the raw shakes as well as on my way to quitting. I certainly am not buying anymore but I will take the random smoke from a friend so far to alleviate the nicotine cravings and prevent the poor behavior I might find with myself. You really seem to be coming into your comfort zone down there and I am so happy for you for that. I will do my best to keep up with your blog. I think its great.

    ReplyDelete