Monday, September 21, 2009

Beautiful Weekend


From wedding to inspiration....

My sister and Tyler's wedding was simply flawless and the weekend couldn't have gone any better!  In fact, I stood at the HUGE window that peered out over the city on Saturday morning before I hopped in the shower and thanked God for allowing their day and the weekend surrounding it to be so magnificent.  As you can see, they make a radiant couple but we all knew that before the wedding!  

I wrote recently about the fact that I was ready to respect my body and stop treating this temporary temple like crap.  Well, people, I have to tell you, this weekend served as wonderful motivation to continue down that path!  Today, Claudia and I started the "insanity" work-out series and let me just say....even the fitness test kicked my butt!  In all honesty though, I am ready for a little but kicking, in fact, I think it's just about time I got my butt kicked into shape again!  I was telling my friend Paul last night that it's strange because although I am still tempted by fattening foods (in this country, who can avoid that?), I am not as excited about them anymore because a) I know what my poor body will feel like after I eat them and b) I know what they will do for my health.  

So...I have cut out all fast food as well as soda.  I haven't had either in a few days and I must say, it's pretty refreshing how my body feels!  I have been reminding myself though, that I cannot do this on my own - I need to rely on God.  I know that there will be days (possibly this very week) where I feel tired and the last thing I want to do is work out or care the least bit what I consume.  I've got one word for you people...PRAYER.  I believe that my God is big enough and powerful enough to help me take this new lifestyle one day at a time.  I'm not on a diet, I'm changing the way I've been living for the last 6 years and it's not going to be easy!  The good thing is, I know I can do it because I lived healthfully for years before I got stressed and let that take over.  I am so blessed too because God provided me with friends to work out alongside and believe me, that helps BIG TIME as well!!

Here's to a new start and getting through the first day of Insanity!  


No comments:

Post a Comment