Saturday, September 12, 2009

This is the Day that the Lord has made



I will rejoice...

Although my body is tired, I have so much to be thankful for today and I want to make sure to recognize how blessed I am!  I have begun to truly, whole-heartedly believe in the power of positive thinking.  I have realized that laughter and thankfulness are two incredibly important things to making this tiny little blip of time we are on earth worthwhile.  

Here's my list of happy points today:

1) my new bed - thanks to Aunt Nancy and Uncle Harry, I now have an awesome bed that's not 20 years old :).  Seeing my parents as they delivered my new bed!

2) the freaking awesome breeze and sunshine coming through the window today.  (as you can see, my plant is a huge fan as well :).

3) realizing that most of our students have never seen the "Right Now" video from Van Halen and getting to see it with them during flashback weekend :).

4) watching the "That 70's Show" all the while laughing my butt off with Holly AND the realization that at that moment, I was doing my job.

5) talking about the idiocy of materialism with Claudia.  


My life is good, good, good.  One of my friends, cake eater said to me on the phone the other day, "Yeah, I am good.  Nothing to complain about so yeah, I'm good."  Refreshing.  Breathtaking.  Powerful.  

This is the day that the Lord hath made.
I will rejoice and be glad in it.  

1 comment: