Monday, September 7, 2009

One foot in front of the other...


As my good little friend, Lynley would say, "Thank the Lord!"

Whew!  This weekend has been such a sweet reward (and frankly, retreat) from the week I had!  I am so freaking thankful that I am sitting here now, even at this late hour, feeling mountains over valleys better than I was earlier this week!  As usual, God allowed me to feel some pretty strong emotions but not surprisingly, He's been there with me the whole time, even when I wasn't speaking to him in the kindest ways possible.  The lesson I've learned?  At least I was still speaking to Him!  People, let me tell you one thing, faith can be a doozy sometimes!  But what a sweet realization it is to know that my faith is growing :).

This weekend has been so much fun!  I've gotten to spend time with some of my closest friends. It was nice this weekend too because even though I didn't head north to see my parents, I had the knowledge that soon I'll be spending the whole weekend with my family for Violet and Tyler's wedding on the 18th - I cannot believe it's almost here!  I love the photo of them on this post because it was not posed and yet, so freaking perfect!  I am so stoked that they found each other, but I'm guessing not as stoked as they are :)!!  

A list of lessons I've learned this week:

1. I have to continue to put one foot in front of the other in faith even when my life isn't going exactly how I would have planned it! My plans really don't amount to a hill of beans - God's plans are what's important and I tend to be one impatient little bugger.  

2. God has placed individuals in my life starting with my parents and sister, that are there to inspire me and remind me what life is all about!  Having women of faith in my life has been a gift and I honestly feel humbled by their presence.

3. Although I'm far from perfect and sometimes am down right self-sabotaging, when God looks at me, He doesn't see all the crap I see, He sees a flawless, beautiful child that He loves beyond what I can ever fathom.  

4. I am stinking lucky lady and geez Lois (yes, I know that's spelled wrong!  That's for you, Claudia), I need to remember that when I start to get caught up in the details!

A prayer request of sorts:  Please pray for me as Pastor Mike will be submitting my pastoral recommendation form this week to Baptist Bible Graduate School, which will make my application complete.  I want God's Will to be done so if it's in His plan for me to attend, I'll be stoked, if not, I'll regroup and hit you up for prayers sometime soon for another avenue of education :).  In all seriousness, I feel God leading me in this way and would appreciate prayer for a smooth acceptance process!

God IS good.  




1 comment:

  1. Is it "jeez" or "geez?" I've ALWAYS written it "jeez" and no one has ever corrected me...but I don't know if I've seen many other people write it that way. Obviously you write, "geez." I dunno. Whatever. Jeez, Lois. Oh....Lois...and Doug...and Ben....and Erin....so many wonderful people that we don't know but we laugh at all the time. :D

    ReplyDelete